These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: StageScape M20d Mixer Community Support

L6 link and aux outs...
by kmachman on 2013-03-12 20:11:25

I can't find this answer with any search...

How many floor monitors can I have in an L6 link setup?  Am I limited to four? 

Can I use both the L6 link with monitors as well as the aux outs?  Or is it one or the other?

Re: L6 link and aux outs...
by line6jonb on 2013-03-13 08:37:52

Hello,

You can assign multiple speakers to the same monitor when L6 linked.  In terms of a maximum number of monitors, I have not really seen one yet.  The most I have used is 4, but, again, you can assign multiple speakers to the same monitor send when using L6 Link. 

When sending audio to monitors via L6 Link you can also use the analog monitor sends - both outputs will work at the same time.  If you are using the analog monitor sends, you can take the line out from monitor 1 and continue it along to monitor 2, 3, ... etc. 

by kmachman on 2013-03-13 08:47:49

Can i a different monitor send to each monitor?

Can i have seperate control over each individual monitor that i connect using the L6 link?  Volume, EQ's etc...? 

So as long as i am using a Line 6 speaker using the L6 link i can have an unlimited amounts of speakers and monitors?

Sorry...  just trying to get a grasp on this before mine show up tomorrow. 

by mishulix on 2013-03-14 07:48:57

As I understand, you can have only 4 separate monitoring channels. You can of course put any number of speakers through one channel (in analog world) by chain linking them, but the linked ones will have the same signal coming through them, you can only adjust volume and eq if they have this controls on them physically. If I understand correctly, even if you have multiple L3's or L2's, you can not have more than 4 monitoring channels, only can assign more of them to the same channel, but you cannot have 5 different separate monitors, each with it's separate controls

by ArneLine6 on 2013-03-14 13:47:14

You can have 9 L3 or L2 speakers on the Line6 Link assigned as Monitor A, B, C, D or Main Left and Main Right and another 9 assigned as subwoofers.

The speakers on the Line6 Link connection have the mixes (A, B, C, D, L, R) as the analog outputs. You can have several speakers on the same assigned output.

For example Mon A: 2 speakers, Mon B: 2 speakers, Main: 4 speakers, 4 subs.

by kmachman on 2013-03-14 14:13:17

perfect... thats what i wanted to know...  The mixer only goes from A to D. Even with L6 link.  But i can have multiple monitors assigned to each. 

Thanks!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.