These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

New Video Tutorial: POD HD500 Foot Switch Assignment
by L6SupportVideos on 2010-10-13 09:52:56

See how easy it is to assign foot switches to amp and FX blocks.

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-2059

Line6Miller

Re: New Video Tutorial: POD HD500 Foot Switch Assignment
by fester2000 on 2010-11-01 11:20:52

Nice vid - one thing that folks might like to know is that when you're in the footswitch assignment mode, you can actually press the footswitch you want assigned to the effect or amp block, rather than turning the dial.

That's easier IMHO, though of course others may have different views.

Cheers,

Fester2k

by Teerexness on 2011-05-03 11:19:11

Pushed the "HOLD FOR SYSTEM & I/O VIEW" button just like the tutorial showed. Never got a page with a picture of a wrench on it. Never. Mine has a big L6 (L6 LINK:CONTROL) where the wrench is on the video.

by SStiv on 2011-05-03 11:50:25

Sounds like you pushed but didn't hold. Hold the button down for a few seconds.

by Teerexness on 2011-05-03 22:29:33

No, I held it for a very long time. 30 seconds at least after I realized I didn't have the same window that the tutorial video had.

by Teerexness on 2011-05-15 11:30:50

Finally the wrench. All I did was take the HD500 to a gig, brought it back to my studio and decided to try this again. And there it was. Anyway,

So, after watching this video half a dozen times, it seems to make what should be a simple procedure almost indecipherable. Here's the apparently esoteric thing I am trying to do. I want to assign what I would call a "patch" (one of the 1A through 16C assignments, the whole ball of wax, amps, FX, blah, blah, etc.) to a footswitch. I do not care about assigning individual aspects (FX, etc.) of the "patch" to footswitches, even though this seems to be all this unit wants to do. Is there a simple way to assign say, 16D to footswitch 5 (FS5)?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.