These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

POD HD500 pedal is very loose
by bjoecool on 2011-09-13 06:30:01

I am posting this in order for Line 6 to create a support ticket for me.

My POD HD500 pedal is very loose - so loose that I can't use it in any of my patches because it is too easy to nudge it by mistake. Tightening it is a risk as many users have reported that the slightest adjustment will break it.

I see that Line 6 has identified this as an issue on some HD500 units. I would like Line6 to send me replacement parts so that I can fix this myself. Please create a support ticket on my behalf to resolve this issue.

Thanks

http://line6.com/support/thread/47727

Hi,

As quoted by Line 6 Miller:

"We have identified this as an issue on some HD500 units. We have already taken corrective action measures to fix this at our manufacturer and our service centers will have the ability to fix this completely under warranty."

If anyone would like to fix this issue themselves we also have replacement parts available upon request.

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support  

RE: POD HD500 pedal is very loose
by Line6Don on 2011-09-15 09:02:40

Hey bjoecool,

If your expression pedal is loose, you may take it into your local Line 6 Service Center and have them assess and repair it for you, or you may purchase the replacement parts directly from them.

To locate a Service Center in your area, follow the link below:

http://line6.com/service_centers/

Re: RE: POD HD500 pedal is very loose
by amarokmen on 2011-09-15 09:27:16

Hey, the side of the pedal is a screw. Tighten as you want. Good luck

by bjoecool on 2011-09-16 04:41:28

Can I get the replacement parts for free under warranty?

by ozbadman on 2011-09-16 09:43:55

FWIW, the bolt problem was an early manufacturing issue. Tighten your bolt. If it breaks, get a free one under warranty. If it doesn't you don't need one. Unless you bought your HD500 last year, you won't have a bad bolt.

by bjoecool on 2011-09-16 10:05:28

I bought mine in early November of 2010. It's silly loose. I'm confident it has the problem, but to be sure, Line6 must know when they resolved the manufacturing issue by Serial Number and should be able to compare to my serial number. I would rather they send me the parts so I can fix it as soon as it breaks rather than break it, take it in, and loose it for however long their repairs are backlogged.

by ozbadman on 2011-09-16 11:02:23

So here's my reading of Line 6's position: the fact that it's loose doesn't mean it's broken. I'm actually the person who had one of the first HD500's in the US and was the first to break the bolt. It was my unit they used to determine what the problem was. Here's the thing, just being loose doesn't mean anything. The reason I tightened my bolt was that at the time, they were sending out the units with what I considered, crazily loose bolts. I tightened it and snap. They replaced it of course.

I would call them and talk to a person. Explain the purchase date and you are much more likely to get a replacement bolt. The alternative is to simply tighten it. If it snaps, Line 6 will replace the bolt under warranty, no question. At the moment it sounds like they're taking the stance that there's nothing broken yet, which is true.

BTW, if it did snap, they wouldn't necessarily need you to send them the unit. It's much cheaper for them to simply send you the bolt. As long as you showed a repair center, I'm sure they'd just send them or you the bolt.

Call the support line, explain your purchase date, and you may get lucky.

HTH,

David.

by bjoecool on 2011-09-16 12:17:15

Will do. I'll repost with the results. Thanks, David

by Line6Don on 2011-09-19 14:46:17

Hey bjoecool,

As I previously mentioned, ff your expression pedal is loose, you may first try and tighten it. If that does not fix it, you may take it into your local Line 6 Service Center and have them assess and repair it for you, or you may purchase the replacement parts directly from them.

To locate a Service Center in your area, follow the link below:

http://line6.com/service_centers/

by ozbadman on 2011-09-19 15:58:18

Hi Don,

Unfortunately, I think Joe may have a valid concern. The time period he is talking about that he pruchased the unit falls very close to the time period Line 6 was shipping faulty units. I understand your post, but simply tightening it may not make it break initially. It was a manufacturing fault at the time and with the unit having a 12 month warranty, the bolt may fail after the warranty has expired. I think Line 6 has a responsibility to determine if the unit would fall under the manufacturing fault period and if so, I would encourage Line 6 to consider simply sending him a bolt. Normally companies would have issued a recall at the time, or at least issue a "we will replace the bolt free of charge for ever", instead of limiting it to the 12-month warranty period. This bolt should never fail and to me, if it does, Line 6 should replace the bolt based on it's initial manufacturing problem.

My 2c,

David.

by Line6david on 2011-09-22 16:38:17

Hi,

We do understand your concern but if the unit was purchased in November 2010 it has a warranty. bjoecool can get the bolt replaced by an authorized service center for free as long as he has a copy of his receipt.

Thanks,

David

Re: POD HD500 pedal is very loose
by leslieking90 on 2012-11-03 12:34:58

Hi,

I have the exact same problem with my po hd. May i know how to properly tighten up the bolt?

Regards,

Leslie King

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.