These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

HD300 - volume differences between presets
by brownbunny on 2012-01-11 01:29:13

I just used Line 6 Monkey to do some updates - now all the presets have wildly different volumes. Some presets are so quiet that they are inaudible, some presets are OK if you increase the channel volume. If you switch into FX Only there are no volume issues, so it is only the amp emulator causing this issue. My pre-existing presets are still audible. Am I missing something simple here, or shall I do a factory reset?

Re: HD300 - volume differences between presets
by Bowslayer on 2012-01-11 06:40:09

Mine sort of acts the same way. The difference is.. If i just slightly turn the channel volume it suddenly gets Very loud

by silverhead on 2012-01-11 07:16:06

Is this something new and different? It is normal for presets to have different volumje levels; this is primarily due to the differences in the underlying amps being modelled; some are simply louder than others, just like the real amps. When setting up the device for switching among presets during live play it is normal to have to go through a manual level-balancing exercise to avoid sudden changes in volume.

You should also have observed this with the factory presets in previous firmware upgrades. If your pre-existing presets are still OK then that indicates that there is no problem with your device or the firmware installation..

by brownbunny on 2012-01-12 03:14:07

The volume difference between presets is far greater than normal. Some of the presets are so quiet they are literally barely audible, even when I've increased the channel volume to the maximum. Only about 1 in every 5 presets are adequately audible at present.

by TheRealZap on 2012-01-12 06:23:37

thats normal... some presets have no amps... some have pre-amps... some have different inputs...

here's the recipe to fix....

turn up master volume, somewhere between half and three quarter...

switch presets... adjust channel volume to taste.... save preset... then do for the rest....

once you do this, the master volume control an overall general level...which you set for the room/situation...

and make all further adjustments using the channel volume.

the presets you regard as normal now will likely need turned down to balance...

and the quiet ones turned up

but it is indeed normal...

by brownbunny on 2012-01-15 00:52:15

Let me elaborate: Most of the patches are inaudible. That is, I have the master volume at maximum, the channel volume turned to maximum, the volume foot pedal pressed all the way down, and most of the patches are still inaudible (I can hear a faint whimper if I max out the pre-amp the Pod is feeding into)

by Mr_Arkadin on 2012-01-15 02:29:54

brownbunny wrote:

the volume foot pedal pressed all the way down,

I assume you mean all the way up. Have you tried calibrating your footpedal?

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2044

Also,">http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2044">http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2044

Also,what are you using to monitor you sound? How are the levels via headphones?

by jimsreynolds on 2012-01-15 02:37:49

Mr_Arkadin wrote:

brownbunny wrote:

the volume foot pedal pressed all the way down,

I assume you mean all the way up. Have you tried calibrating your footpedal?

Haha!  I think of it as al the way 'down' too!

Can we say ' with the toe pressed all the way down'?

by Mr_Arkadin on 2012-01-15 02:51:09

jimsreynolds wrote:

Haha!  I think of it as al the way 'down' too!

Can we say ' with the toe pressed all the way down'?

Well I think more in technical rather than physical terms. To me if the volume is down it's silent, if the volume is up it's at max. A bit like the bottom strings of the guitar are actually physically at the top, but you would never say play "top E" to refer to the low E string.

by jimsreynolds on 2012-01-15 03:05:30

Yeah, I hear you .  Its one of those ones though, similar to 'inside lane' and 'outside lane' when you are driving:  relative to what?  The Car?  The Passenger?  You either know the original reference point or you don't.  Makes it ambiguous for the uninitiated .. and me !!! 

Sorry to brownbunny for the philosophical digression ...

by jimsreynolds on 2012-01-15 03:12:41

Can you give us a little more info?

• What are you plugging your HD into?  Desk?  Amp?
  • How are you hooking up your Pod cabling and which outputs are you using?
  • Do you use a Stereo setup or are you using a mono rig?  How many cables?
  • Do you use just the guitar input or others?
  • How are the input options set on your 'silent' patches?  I am aware that some require a microphone now ...

Cheers.

JIM

Re: RE: HD300 - volume differences between presets
by Line6Don on 2012-01-24 10:58:38

+1 to Mr_Arkadin.

Its always a good idea to perform a expression pedal calibration after updating your flash memory.

It has been at least 72 hours since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered. If it has been answered, please award points to whoever was helpful and/or answered the question.

In the event your issue has not been resolved, I created a support ticket for you so we can continue to communicate. Please respond to the ticket. Thanks!!

Q: What is a support ticket?

A: A support ticket allows you to directly correspond with a Line 6 Support Representative. An email will be sent to you from Line 6 containing a link to the ticket when a Line 6 Support Representative responds to it. Please follow the link in the email to view your open ticket to work one on one with Line 6 Support. Also, in your account, click My Account, then click Support Tickets to view the support ticket. Here’s a shortcut:

http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/

Please note: Sometimes support tickets will be filtered to spam and junk folders. If you did not receive an email from us indicating that a ticket has been created, please make sure to check those folders in your email host, and also that your email account is receiving messages at all.

by jcshelby500 on 2012-11-09 10:33:23

I have same problem. Volume/Sound Pressure preset to preset is so bad I can't use live. When I change any volume knob on edit it changes my tone and dynamics!

I have several great tones that I can't switch to without bending over and adjusting output level on back of POD.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.